As we have continued to monitor the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) spread and the risk it poses to our residents and staff, we are receiving recommendations from local and federal agencies to take additional steps to help prevent the virus from entering one of our homes. Our number one goal and concern is the health and safety of our residents and our care team, as such, here are a few of the additional precautions which are effective immediately:
• Cancellation of group gatherings and outings
• Cancellation of volunteers.
• Restricting access to visitors for non-essential matters
• Screening residents, staff, and all visitors daily for signs and symptoms of illness.
• All visitors to a Gables Assisted Living home will be required to check-in with a Gables staff member to enter or visit with a resident.
• Upon entering, all visitors will be required to complete a visitation form.
Your patience and collaborative attitudes in working with us to keep our residents and team healthy as we ever evolve to implement best practices is appreciated. The initial timeline for these procedures is through the end of March and will be reevaluated at that time.
As always, feel free to reach out to any Gables team member at our locations or home office with questions or concerns. Thank you for your continued trust and support in these unique times.
Mike Robbins – Operating Partner